Effective Date: September 7, 2017
Welcome to CollegeTrust.com by Prime Trust! Thank you for downloading our app or visiting our website. We are excited to have you as a member of the Prime Trust community.
- Material Terms: As provided in greater detail in this EULA (and without limiting the express language of this EULA), you acknowledge the following:
- the Service is licensed, not sold to you, and you may use the Service only as set forth in this EULA.
- the use of the Service may be subject to separate third party terms of service and fees, including, without limitation, your mobile network operator’s (the “Carrier”) terms of service and fees, including fees charged for data usage and overage, which are your sole responsibility.
- we provide the Service to you on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind and Prime Trust’s liability to you is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- disputes arising between you and Prime Trust will be resolved by binding arbitration. By accepting this EULA, as provided in greater detail in Section 12 below, you and Prime Trust are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action.
- if you are using the App on an iOS-based device, then you agree to and acknowledge the “Notice Regarding Apple,” below.
- if you Post any Objectionable Content (defined in Section 7.g below) on the Service, then we may—but have no obligation to—take any remedial action that we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary and/or appropriate under the circumstances, such as, without limitation, suspending or terminating your Account (defined in Section 4.a below), removing all of your User Content from the Service and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities, either directly or indirectly.
1. General Terms and Conditions.
- Changes to this EULA. You understand and agree that we may change this EULA at any time without prior notice. We will endeavor to provide you with prior notice of any material changes that may apply to you, including through the posting of a revised EULA that you may be required to accept in order to continue using the Service. You may read a current, effective copy of this EULA at any time by selecting the appropriate link on the Service. The revised EULA will become effective at the time of posting unless specified otherwise. Any use of the Service after the effective date will constitute your acceptance of the revised EULA. If you find any change to this EULA or the Service unacceptable, then your sole remedy is to stop accessing, browsing and otherwise using the Service. The terms of this EULA will govern any updates Prime Trust provides to you that replace and/or supplement any portion of the Service, unless the upgrade is accompanied by a separate license or revised EULA, in which case the terms of that license or revised EULA will govern. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences of this Section 1.a, no revisions to this EULA will apply to any dispute between you and Prime Trust that arose prior to the effective date of such revision.
- Jurisdictional Issues. The Service is controlled and operated by Prime Trust from its offices in the State of Nevada and Prime Trust is a Nevada chartered and regulated financial institution. Prime Trust makes no representation that materials on the Service are appropriate, lawful or available for use in any locations other than the United States of America in general, and Nevada in particular. Those who choose to access or use the Service from locations outside Nevada or the United States of America do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Access to the Service from jurisdictions where the contents or practices of the Service are illegal, unauthorized or penalized is strictly prohibited.
- Eligibility. THE SERVICE IS NOT FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 OR FOR ANY USERS PREVIOUSLY SUSPENDED OR REMOVED FROM THE SERVICE BY PRIME TRUST. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, THEN YOU MUST NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
- Additional Terms. As described in Section 2.a below, you may be able to establish financial instruments, trusts or securities (such as a college savings trust, personal savings trust, IRA, custodial or other financial account) through use of the Service (“Financial Accounts”). Prior to creation of a Financial Account, you will be required to review certain disclosures related to those Financial Accounts and accept additional agreements that govern those Financial Accounts (“Account Agreements”). The Account Agreements, and not this EULA, will govern your relationship with Prime Trust with respect to the Financial Accounts and your access to and use of those Financial Accounts.
2. The Service
- Description. The Service provides general information about the financial services that we provide, and also permits individuals and entities to establish Financial Accounts. End users that have established Financial Accounts will also be able to hold and manage the cash, securities and other assets held in their Financial Accounts.
- Consideration; No Right to Compensation. You acknowledge and agree that this EULA is entered into in consideration of your use of the Service pursuant to this EULA and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which you acknowledge. In return for enjoying the Service, you further acknowledge and agree that Prime Trust may generate revenues (including from advertising), increase goodwill or otherwise increase the value of Prime Trust from your use of the Service, and you will have no right to share in any such revenue, goodwill or value whatsoever.
- Changes to the Service. Prime Trust may at its sole discretion and from time to time change, add or remove features and functionality of the Service without any notice to you. Prime Trust reserves the right to discontinue some or all of the features of the Service at any time at its sole discretion (including the provision of software updates). You acknowledge and agree that Prime Trust will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. If you are dissatisfied with any changes to the Service, then your sole option is to discontinue or terminate your use of the Service as described herein.
- Mobile Services. When the Service is accessed via a mobile phone, tablet or other wireless device (collectively, “Mobile Services”), your mobile carrier’s normal messaging, data and other rates and fees will apply to your use of the Mobile Services. In addition, downloading, installing or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your mobile carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. Therefore, you are solely responsible for checking with your mobile carrier to determine if the Mobile Services are available for your mobile device(s), what restrictions, if any, may be applicable to your use of the Mobile Services, and how much they will cost you. Nevertheless, all use of the App and the related Mobile Services must be in accordance with this EULA.
- No Investment Advice. You acknowledge that Prime Trust does not provide investment advice or offer for sale any securities and that no Prime Trust Content (as defined in Section 6.b below) constitutes or can be interpreted as either investment advice or a recommendation of securities by Prime Trust. Furthermore, you agree that the contents of the Service do not constitute financial, accounting, legal or tax advice from Prime Trust. You are solely responsible for conducting any legal, accounting, anti-fraud and/or other due diligence on your account(s) (including but not limited to trusts), investment preferences, investment strategies and the portfolios managed by Prime Trust. You should always obtain independent investment and tax advice from your professional advisers before making any decisions and taking any actions on the Service or with Prime Trust. That we may have, either directly or through a third-party, enabled, provided data for, assisted with or performed some basic due diligence does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation, nor a representation about the legitimacy, quality or attractiveness of any deal and is not an endorsement or recommendation of any form by Prime Trust. Prime Trust is a technology driven service provider and provides users with certain tools and models for educational purposes on the Service. Prime Trust is only one of many tools you may use as part of a comprehensive investment education process, you should not and will not rely on Prime Trust as the primary basis of your investment decisions (including strategy and preferences) and, except as otherwise provided for herein, Prime Trust will not be liable for decisions/actions you take or authorize third parties to take on your behalf based on information you receive as a User of Prime Trust or information you otherwise see on our Service.
- Know Your Customer. You acknowledge that Prime Trust will perform Know Your Customer (“KYC”) procedures on all end users that establish a Financial Account, as required by applicable federal and state regulations for financial institutions, as well as Prime Trust’s internal policies and procedures. You agree that this is a general requirement and in compliance with regulatory rules and guidance, and in no way creates or is deemed to be any form of recommendation or advice by Prime Trust. Prime Trust may in its sole and absolute discretion decline to accept any person’s request in anything, at any time, with no requirement for any reason or explanation; the parties agree that such decline(s), if any, shall not constitute an opinion, recommendation or investment, legal or tax advice by Prime Trust.
- Background Checks. With respect to background checks (including, but not limited to data which we obtain from third parties regarding OFAC, FINCEN, PATRIOT Act, criminal history, bankruptcy, etc.), the data and information contained in our investigations is obtained from numerous regulatory, private and public sources and is thought to be reliable. However, we do NOT make any physical inspections of, nor conduct any interviews with, any entity or person or their records or location(s), do not obtain certified or audited records, do not interview any sources and do not access an exhaustive list of sources (including some which might reasonably have been considered). As such our background checks should only be viewed as reasonable results given the small fee(s) paid to obtain them and may be flawed, inaccurate or incomplete. Prime Trust assumes absolutely no liability for any problems that arise out of any reliance on the background checks feature of the Service. In connection with its escrow services, Prime Trust does not perform any independent due diligence on any offering, any issuer of securities, any person associated with an issuer, any person working for an issuer or participating in an offering, or any investor. Furthermore, you agree that Prime Trust is conducting the investigation and only sharing relevant data at its discretion, only for purposes related to the narrow purpose of regulatory checks on persons participating in private offerings, and that Prime Trust is not selling consumer data nor acting as a consumer reporting agency.
- Different Services. You understand and agree that Prime Trust may provide its users with different fiduciary and trust services. Depending on the engagement and services, Prime Trust and our personnel may make recommendations and take action for clients that may differ from the advice we may give to you or any action we take on your behalf. In addition, our personnel may take actions for their own accounts based on their own personal situations that differ from the services we give you or actions we take on your behalf.
- No Guarantee. You understand and acknowledge that the investment results you could obtain from investment information and financial insights provided by Prime Trust cannot be guaranteed. All investments entail a risk of loss and you may lose money using the Service. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PRIME TRUST MAKES NO REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE LIKELIHOOD OR PROBABILITY THAT ANY ACTUAL OR PROPOSED ACCOUNT ALLOCATION WILL IN FACT ACHIEVE A PARTICULAR INVESTMENT OUTCOME OR GOAL. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF FUTURE SUCCESS, AND IN FACT VOLATILITY MEANS THAT RETURNS IN ANY PERIOD MAY BE FAR ABOVE OR BELOW THOSE OF PREVIOUS PERIOD.
- Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act/Uniform Electronic Transactions Act. The Federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“ESIGN”) and similar state laws, particularly the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (“UETA”), authorize the creation of legally binding and enforceable agreements utilizing electronic records and signatures. ESIGN and UETA require businesses that want to use electronic records or signatures in consumer transactions to obtain the consumer’s consent to receive information electronically. When an end user opens a Financial Account with us, we obtain their consent to transact business electronically and maintain electronic records in compliance with ESIGN and UETA requirements. Your use of electronic signatures to sign documents legally binds you in the same manner as if you had manually signed such documents. The use of electronic versions of documents fully satisfies any requirement that such documents be provided to you in writing. If you sign electronically, you represent that you have the ability to access and retain a record of such documents. You agree that you are responsible for understanding these documents and agree to conduct business by electronic means.
- Log-In Credentials. While you may always browse the public-facing portions of the Service without registering with us, in order to enjoy the full benefits of the Service, including to establish a Financial Account, you must open an account with us (an “Account”).
- Account Security. You are responsible for the security of your Account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through the use of your credentials. You agree to notify Prime Trust immediately at email@example.com if you suspect or know of any unauthorized use of your log-in credentials or any other breach of security with respect to your Account. Prime Trust will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of your credentials prior to you notifying Prime Trust of such unauthorized use or loss of your credentials. Separate log-in credentials may be required to access External Sites (defined in Section 9 below).
- Accuracy of Information. When creating an Account, you will provide true, accurate, current and complete information as Prime Trust requests. You will update the information about yourself promptly, and as necessary, to keep it current and accurate. We reserve the right to disallow, cancel, remove or reassign certain usernames and permalinks in appropriate circumstances, as determined by us in our sole discretion, and may, with or without prior notice, suspend or terminate your Account if activities occur on your Account that, in our sole discretion, would or might constitute a violation of this EULA, cause damage to or impair the Service, infringe or violate any third party rights, damage or bring into disrepute the reputation of Prime Trust, or violate any applicable laws or regulations. If messages sent to the e-mail address you provide are returned as undeliverable, then Prime Trust may terminate your Account immediately without notice to you and without any liability to you or any third party.
The pricing for the Service will be as set forth on the applicable pages of the Service. You agree that Prime Trust may charge the payment method we have on file for the features that you select, or, at our option, your Financial Account(s) directly, at the intervals indicated on the fee schedule available at http://primetrust.com/assets/downloads/Fee_Schedule.pdf and according to all other Prime Trust policies and procedures. All amounts paid are nonrefundable once incurred. All payments shall be made in U.S. Dollars and are exclusive of any sales or other applicable taxes, for which you will be responsible.
6. Intellectual Property Rights.
- License. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with this EULA, Prime Trust hereby grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, royalty-free and worldwide right and license to access and use the Service solely for your personal or internal business use and solely in strict compliance with the provisions of this EULA.
- Content. The content that Prime Trust provides to users on or through the Service, including, without limitation, any text (such as company information, details of investments, account vesting details, emails sent to users, transactions, change history, etc.), graphics, photos, software and interactive features, may be protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights and owned by Prime Trust or its third party licensors (collectively, the “Prime Trust Content”). Moreover, Prime Trust solely owns all design rights, databases and compilation and other intellectual property rights in and to the Service, in each case whether registered or unregistered, and any related goodwill. We grant the operators of public search engines, as well as certain partners and regulatory organizations, permission to use spiders and application programming interfaces to copy non-password protected Prime Trust Content from the Service for the purposes of creating publicly available, searchable indices of the materials, including caches or archives of such materials, and for traffic metrics.
- Marks. The Prime Trust trademarks, service marks and logos (the “Prime Trust Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Service are Prime Trust’s registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks. Other product and service names located on the Service may be trademarks or service marks owned by third parties (the “Third-Party Trademarks,” and, collectively with the Prime Trust Trademarks, the “Trademarks”). Except as otherwise permitted by law, you may not use the Trademarks to disparage Prime Trust or the applicable third-party, Prime Trust’s or a third-party’s products or services, or in any manner (using commercially reasonable judgment) that may damage any goodwill in the Trademarks. You may not use any Trademarks as part of a link to or from any Service without Prime Trust’s prior express written consent. All goodwill generated from the use of any Prime Trust Trademark will inure solely to Prime Trust’s benefit.
- Restrictions. Prime Trust hereby reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this Section 6. Accordingly, nothing in this EULA or on the Service will be construed as granting to you, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any additional license rights in and to the Service or any Prime Trust Content or Trademarks located or displayed therein. You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense or modify the Prime Trust Content, and you may not reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute or otherwise use the Prime Trust Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose without Prime Trust’s prior written consent. The use or posting of any of the Prime Trust Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited. If you violate any part of this EULA, then your right to access and/or use the Prime Trust Content and Service will automatically terminate and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Prime Trust Content.
7. User Content.
- Definition. “User Content” means any content that Users upload, post or transmit (collectively, “Post”) to or through the Service including, without limitation, any text, photographs and any other works subject to protection under the laws of the United States or any other jurisdiction, including, but not limited to, patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright laws, and excludes any and all Prime Trust Content.
- Screening User Content. Prime Trust offers Users the ability to submit User Content to or transmit through the Service. Prime Trust does not pre-screen any User Content, but reserves the right to remove, disallow, block or delete any User Content in its sole discretion. In addition, we have the right—but not the obligation—in our sole discretion to remove, disallow, block or delete any User Content (i) that we consider to violate this EULA or applicable law or to otherwise constitute Objectionable Content; or (ii) in response to complaints from third parties, with or without notice and without any liability to you. Without limiting the preceding sentences of this Section, Prime Trust also has the right—but not the obligation—to take remedial action in connection with any Objectionable Content Posted on the Service as described more fully in Section 7.g below. We recommend that you save copies of any User Content that you Post to the Service on your personal device(s) in the event that you want to ensure that you have permanent access to copies of such User Content. Prime Trust does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, appropriateness, availability or quality of any User Content, and under no circumstances will Prime Trust be liable in any way for any User Content.
- Intellectual Property Rights. YOU RETAIN OWNERSHIP OF ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE IN YOUR USER CONTENT AND SUBMITTING YOUR USER CONTENT TO THE SERVICE DOES NOT TRANSFER OWNERSHIP OF YOUR RIGHTS.
- Licenses to User Content. You hereby grant Prime Trust an unrestricted, assignable, sublicensable, revocable, royalty-free license throughout the universe to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, communicate to the public, publicly perform (including by means of digital audio transmissions and on a through-to-the-audience basis), make available, create derivative works from, retransmit from External Sites and otherwise exploit and use (collectively, “Use”) all or any part of all User Content you Post to or through the Service by any means and through any media and formats now known or hereafter developed, for the purposes of (i) advertising, marketing and promoting Prime Trust and the Service; (ii) displaying and sharing your User Content to other Users of the Service; and (iii) providing the Service as authorized by this EULA. You further grant Prime Trust a royalty-free license to use your user name, image and likeness to identify you as the source of any of your User Content. You must not Post any User Content on or through the Service or transmit to Prime Trust any User Content that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. Any User Content Posted by you to or through the Service or transmitted to Prime Trust will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and treated as such by Prime Trust, and may be used by Prime Trust in accordance with this EULA without notice to you and without any liability to Prime Trust.
- You Must Have Rights to the Content You Post. You must not Post any User Content to the Service if you are not the copyright owner of or are not fully authorized to grant rights in all of the elements of the User Content you intend to Post to the Service. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the User Content Posted by you on or through the Service or otherwise have the right to grant the licenses set forth in this EULA; (ii) the Posting and Use of your User Content on or through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, including, but not limited to, the rights of any person visible in any of your User Content; (iii) the Posting of your User Content on the Service will not require us to obtain any further licenses from or pay any royalties, fees, compensation or other amounts or provide any attribution to any third parties; and (iv) the Posting of your User Content on the Service does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay all monies owing to any person as a result of Posting your User Content on the Service.
- Waiver of Rights to User Content. By Posting User Content to or through the Service, you waive any rights to prior inspection or approval of any marketing or promotional materials related to such User Content. You also waive any and all rights of privacy, publicity or any other rights of a similar nature in connection with your User Content, or any portion thereof. To the extent any moral rights are not transferable or assignable, you hereby waive and agree never to assert any and all moral rights, or to support, maintain or permit any action based on any moral rights that you may have in or with respect to any User Content you Post to or through the Service.
- Objectionable Content. You are not permitted to and agree not to Post any User Content to the Service that is or could be interpreted to be (i) abusive, bullying, defamatory, harassing, harmful, hateful, inaccurate, infringing, libelous, objectionable, obscene, offensive, pornographic, shocking, threatening, unlawful, violent, vulgar or in violation of any applicable laws (including laws related to speech); (ii) promoting any product, good or service, or bigotry, discrimination, hatred, intolerance, racism or inciting violence (including suicide), in each of clauses (i) and (ii) of this Section, as Prime Trust may determine in its sole and absolute discretion (collectively, “Objectionable Content”). The Posting of any Objectionable Content may subject you to third party claims and none of the rights granted to you in this EULA may be raised as a defense against any third party claims arising from your Posting of Objectionable Content. You also agree not to use the Service for illegal or unlawful purposes, including, without limitation, to stalk any other User or to encourage any User to harm themselves or any other person. Except as provided for in Section 11 below, if you encounter any Objectionable Content on the Service, then please immediately email Prime Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org or inform us through the functionality offered on the Service. You acknowledge and agree that Prime Trust provides you with the ability to report Objectionable Content as a courtesy, and Prime Trust has no obligation to remove or take any other action with respect to any Objectionable Content on the Service that you report to us. However, Prime Trust in its sole discretion may take any actions it deems necessary and/or appropriate against any User who Posts Objectionable Content on the Service, including, but not limited to, warning the User, suspending or terminating the User’s Account, removing all of the User’s User Content Posted on the Service and/or reporting the User to law enforcement authorities, either directly or indirectly.
- No Liability. For the avoidance of doubt, Prime Trust will not be liable for any unauthorized use of User Content by any User.
8. Restrictions on Use of the Service.
- In addition to any other restrictions set forth in this EULA, and without limiting those restrictions, when using the Service, you agree not to (and not to attempt to):
- make unauthorized copies of any content made available on or through the Service;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service, or any activity conducted on the Service;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software or source code comprising or making up the Service;
- delete or alter any material Prime Trust or any other person or entity Posts on the Service;
- frame or link to any of the materials or information available on the Service;
- alter, deface, mutilate or otherwise bypass any approved software through which the Service is made available;
- use any trademarks, service marks, design marks, logos, photographs or other content belonging to Prime Trust or obtained from the Service;
- access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the Service, Prime Trust’s (and its hosting company’s) computer systems and infrastructure or the technical delivery systems of Prime Trust’s providers;
- provide any false personal information to Prime Trust;
- create a false identity or impersonate another person or entity in any way;
- create a new account with Prime Trust, without Prime Trust’s express written consent, if Prime Trust has previously disabled an account of yours;
- solicit, or attempt to solicit, personal information from other Users of the Service;
- restrict, discourage or inhibit any person from using the Service, disclose personal information about a third person on the Service or obtained from the Service without the consent of that person, or collect information about or threaten, harass, menace or intimidate users of the Service;
- register or create any naming convention in the Service that includes a Trademark without the prior written consent of the owner of such Trademark;
- use the Service, without Prime Trust’s express written consent, for any unauthorized purpose, including communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation or spamming;
- use the Service to send communications to persons who have requested that you not send them communications;
- gain unauthorized access to the Service, to other users’ accounts, names or personally identifiable information, or to other computers or websites connected or linked to the Service;
- Post any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to disable, overburden, impair, damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment or any other aspect of the Service or communications equipment and computers connected to the Service;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service, networks or servers connected to the Service or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of those networks or servers; or
- violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations or the terms of this EULA.
9. External Sites.
The Service may contain links to or the ability to share information with third party websites (“External Sites”). Prime Trust does not endorse any External Sites or the content made available on such External Sites. All External Sites and any content thereon is developed and provided by others. You should contact the site administrator or Webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such content located on such External Sites. Prime Trust is not responsible for the content of any External Sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of any materials on such External Sites. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer and mobile devices from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access any External Sites, purchase any content from External Sites or subscribe to services offered by such External Site, then you do so at your own risk. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT PRIME TRUST WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING FROM YOUR USE, ENGAGEMENT, EXPOSURE TO OR INTERACTION WITH ANY EXTERNAL SITES. FURTHERMORE, PRIME TRUST DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY EXTERNAL SITE, AND, EVEN IF COMPENSATED, WHETHER FOR A FIXED FEE OR VIA CPC, CPM, CPA OR OTHER BASIS, IN NO WAY SHALL PRIME TRUST BE CONSIDERED A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY HAVE RESPONSIBILITY TO MONITOR OR WARRANTY ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
While we are continually working to develop and evaluate our own product ideas and features, we know we don’t have all the answers. We therefore welcome your feedback, comments and suggestions. If you choose to contribute by sending Prime Trust or our employees any ideas for products, services, features, modifications, enhancements, content, refinements, technologies, content offerings (such as audio, visual, games or other types of content), promotions, strategies or product/feature names or any related documentation, artwork, computer code, diagrams or other materials, or testimonials or compliments (collectively “Feedback”), then regardless of what your accompanying communication may say, the following terms will apply, so that future misunderstandings can be avoided. Accordingly, by sending Feedback to Prime Trust, you agree that:
- Prime Trust has no obligation to review, consider or implement your Feedback, or to return to you all or part of any Feedback for any reason;
- Feedback is provided on a non-confidential basis, and Prime Trust is not under any obligation to keep any Feedback you send confidential or to refrain from using or disclosing it in any way, nor is it under any obligation to credit or otherwise attribute any Feedback to you, nor to compensate you in any manner regardless of how and where such Feedback is used; and
- You irrevocably grant Prime Trust perpetual and unlimited permission to reproduce, modify, distribute, display, publish, transmit, communicate to the public, make available, broadcast, create derivative works from, publicly perform (including on a through-to-the audience basis) and otherwise use and exploit the Feedback and derivatives thereof for any purpose and without restriction, free of charge and without attribution of any kind, including by making, using, selling, offering for sale, importing and promoting commercial products and services that incorporate or embody Feedback, whether in whole or in part, and whether as provided or as modified.
11. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright or Other Intellectual Property Infringements.
- Respect of Third Party Rights. Prime Trust respects the intellectual property of others and takes the protection of intellectual property very seriously, and we ask our Users to do the same. Infringing activity will not be tolerated on or through the Service.
- Repeat Infringer Policy. Prime Trust’s intellectual property policy is to (i) remove or disable access to material that Prime Trust believes in good faith or upon notice from an intellectual property owner or his or her agent, is infringing the intellectual property of a third party by being made available through the Service; and (ii) remove any User Content uploaded to the Service by “repeat infringers.” Prime Trust considers a “repeat infringer” to be any User that has uploaded User Content or Feedback to or through the Service and for whom Prime Trust has received more than two takedown notices compliant with the provisions of 17 U.S.C. § 512 with respect to such User Content or Feedback. Prime Trust has discretion, however, to terminate the Account of any User after receipt of a single notification of claimed infringement or upon Prime Trust’s own determination.
- Procedure for Reporting Claimed Infringement. If you believe that any content made available on or through the Service has been used or exploited in a manner that infringes an intellectual property right you own or control, then please promptly send a “Notification of Claimed Infringement” containing the following information to the Designated Agent identified below. Your Notification of Claimed Infringement may be shared by Prime Trust with the User alleged to have infringed a right you own or control, and you hereby consent to Prime Trust making such disclosure. Your communication must include substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the work(s) that has/have been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed, or, if multiple works are covered by a single notification, then a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the specific material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Prime Trust to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Prime Trust to contact you, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You should consult with your own lawyer and/or see 17 U.S.C. § 512 to confirm your obligations to provide a valid notice of claimed infringement.
- Designated Agent Contact Information. Prime Trust’s designated agent for receipt of Notifications of Claimed Infringement (the “Designated Agent”) can be contacted at:
- Via E-mail: email@example.com
- Via U.S. Mail: George Georgiades, Prime Trust, 2300 W. Sahara Avenue, Suite 1170, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Via Telephone: (212) 256-1826
- Counter Notification. If you receive a notification from Prime Trust that material made available by you on or through the Service has been the subject of a Notification of Claimed Infringement, then you will have the right to provide Prime Trust with what is called a “Counter Notification.” To be effective, a Counter Notification must be in writing, provided to Prime Trust’s Designated Agent through one of the methods identified in Section 11.d and include substantially the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- The subscriber’s name, address and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, then for any judicial district in which Prime Trust may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under Section 11.d above or an agent of such person.
A party submitting a Counter Notification should consult a lawyer or see 17 U.S.C. § 512 to confirm the party’s obligations to provide a valid counter notification under the Copyright Act.
- Reposting of Content Subject to a Counter Notification. If you submit a Counter Notification to Prime Trust in response to a Notification of Claimed Infringement, then Prime Trust will promptly provide the person who provided the Notification of Claimed Infringement with a copy of your Counter Notification and inform that person that Prime Trust will replace the removed User Content or Feedback or cease disabling access to it in 10 business days, and Prime Trust will replace the removed User Content or Feedback and cease disabling access to it not less than 10, nor more than 14, business days following receipt of the Counter Notification, unless Prime Trust’s Designated Agent receives notice from the party that submitted the Notification of Claimed Infringement that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the User from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Prime Trust’s system or network.
- False Notifications of Claimed Infringement or Counter Notifications. The Copyright Act provides that:
- [a]ny person who knowingly materially misrepresents under [Section 512 of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512)] (1) that material or activity is infringing, or (2) that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, will be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of [Prime Trust] relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it.
- 17 U.S.C. § 512(f).
Prime Trust reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a Notification of Claimed Infringement or Counter Notification in violation of the law.
12. Dispute Resolution
- General. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Prime Trust in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and Prime Trust agree that any dispute arising out of or in any way related to this EULA or your use of the App will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or in any way related to this EULA or your use of the App, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of this EULA. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THIS EULA, YOU AND PRIME TRUST ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AND THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE SUBJECT TO AND GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT.
- Exceptions. Notwithstanding Section 12.a above, nothing in this EULA will be deemed to waive, preclude or otherwise limit the right of either party to: (i) bring an individual action in small claims court; (ii) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state or local agency if that action is available; (iii) seek injunctive relief in aid of arbitration from a court of competent jurisdiction; or (iv) to file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
- Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Prime Trust will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by this EULA, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting Prime Trust. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
- Notice; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by U.S. Mail (“Notice”). Prime Trust’s address for Notice is: Prime Trust LLC, 2300 W. Sahara Avenue, Suite 1170, Las Vegas, NV 89102, Attn: General Counsel. The Notice must: (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Prime Trust may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Prime Trust must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If the dispute is finally resolved through arbitration in your favor with a monetary award that exceeds the last written settlement amount offered by Prime Trust prior to selection of an arbitrator, Prime Trust will pay you the highest of the following: (1) the amount awarded by the arbitrator, if any; (2) the last written settlement amount offered by Prime Trust in settlement of the dispute prior to the arbitrator’s award; or (3) $15,000.
- Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with this EULA, Prime Trust will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $15,000 or as set forth below, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in Clark County, Nevada, but if the claim is for $15,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (i) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (ii) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (iii) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse Prime Trust for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. Each party agrees that such written decision, and information exchanged during arbitration, will be kept confidential except to the extent necessary to enforce or permit limited judicial review of the award. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
- No Class Actions. YOU AND PRIME TRUST AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Prime Trust agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
- Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. Except as otherwise provided in this EULA, if Prime Trust makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to Prime Trust’s address for Notice, then you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Prime Trust’s address for Notice, in which case this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will continue to govern any disputes between you and Prime Trust.
- Enforceability. If Section 12.f above is found to be unenforceable or if the entirety of this Section 12 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 12 will be null and void.
13. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties. THE FOLLOWING TERMS IN THIS SECTION 13 APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW:
- PRIME TRUST, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PRIME TRUST PARTIES”) MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, APPROPRIATENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY THEREOF. THE PRIME TRUST PARTIES WILL NOT BE SUBJECT TO LIABILITY FOR THE TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION CONVEYED TO ANY USER, OR FOR ERRORS, MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS THEREIN, OR FOR ANY DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS OF THE DATA OR INFORMATION STREAM FROM WHATEVER CAUSE. AS A USER, YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT THEREON AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CONTENT YOU UPLOAD TO THE SERVICE.
- THE PRIME TRUST PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE, OR THAT THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT THEREON ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. IF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT THEREON RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, NO PRIME TRUST PARTY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
- THE SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT THEREON ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ACCORDINGLY, THE PRIME TRUST PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- IN NO EVENT WILL ANY PRIME TRUST PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION RESULTING FROM, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT THEREON, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SUCH PRIME TRUST PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. PRIME TRUST’S LIABILITY, AND THE LIABILITY OF ANY OTHER PRIME TRUST PARTIES, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE FEES YOU HAVE PAID US UNDER THIS EULA AND U.S. $100.
14. Third Party Disputes.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY DISPUTE YOU HAVE WITH ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BY WAY OF EXAMPLE AND NOT LIMITATION, ANY CARRIER, COPYRIGHT OWNER OR OTHER USER, IS DIRECTLY BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH THIRD PARTY, AND YOU IRREVOCABLY RELEASE THE PRIME TRUST PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Prime Trust Parties from and against any claims, actions or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from (a) your breach of this EULA; (b) your access to, use or misuse of Prime Trust Content or the Service; or (c) your User Content. Prime Trust will provide notice to you of any such claim, suit or proceeding. Prime Trust reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to indemnification under this Section if Prime Trust believes that you are unwilling or incapable of defending Prime Trust’s interests. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting Prime Trust’s defense of such matter at your expense.
16. Term and Termination of the EULA.
- Term. As between you and Prime Trust, the Term of this EULA commences as of your first use of the Service and continues until the termination of this EULA by either you or Prime Trust as described in Section 16.b below.
- Termination by You. If you have not established a Financial Account, you may terminate this EULA by deactivating all of your Financial Account(s) and subsequently sending written notification to Prime Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as deleting the App from your mobile device and terminating all other uses of the Service, including ever visiting any of our websites. If you wish to delete any of your User Content from the Service, then you may be able to do so using the permitted functionalities of the Service, but the removal or deletion of such User Content will not terminate this EULA. If you have established Financial Accounts, although you may terminate this EULA as described in the preceding sentence, you may only terminate your Financial Accounts as described in the applicable Account Agreements.
- Termination by Prime Trust. Prime Trust reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate this EULA and your access to all or any part of the Service at any time without prior notice or liability if you breach any provision of this EULA or violate the rights of any third party, including by using any technological, legal, operational or other means available to us (such as blocking specific IP addresses, deleting your Account or reporting you to law enforcement). Prime Trust may further terminate this EULA immediately for any other reason with or without notice to you, using the email address associated with your account credentials. Prime Trust reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue all or any part of the Service at any time without prior notice or liability. For the avoidance of doubt, if you have established Financial Accounts, although Prime Trust may terminate this EULA as described in this Section, such termination will not close your Financial Accounts. All terms, conditions and procedures for closing your Financial Accounts are provided in the applicable Account Agreements.
- Sections 1, 2.c, 3, 4.b, 4.c, 5–18 and all defined terms used therein will survive the termination of this EULA indefinitely.
17. Consent to Electronic Communications.
This EULA is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Nevada without respect to its conflict of laws provisions. You expressly agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Clark County, Nevada. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you and Prime Trust as a result of this EULA or use of the Service. If any provision of this EULA is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this EULA, which will remain in full force and effect. Failure of Prime Trust to act on or enforce any provision of this EULA will not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in this EULA. No waiver will be effective against Prime Trust unless made in writing, and no such waiver will be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance. Except as expressly agreed by Prime Trust and you, this EULA constitutes the entire agreement between you and Prime Trust with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter herein. The Section headings are provided merely for convenience and will not be given any legal import. This EULA will inure to the benefit of our successors and assigns. You may not assign this EULA or any of the rights or licenses granted hereunder, directly or indirectly, without the prior express written consent of Prime Trust. This means that in the event you dispose of any device on which you have installed the App, such as by sale or gift, you are responsible for deleting any the App from your device prior to such disposition. Prime Trust may assign this EULA, including all its rights hereunder, without restriction.
19. Contact Us.
If you would like to contact us in connection with your use of the Service, then please refer to the contact information below: by mail at Prime Trust LLC, 2300 W. Sahara Avenue, Suite 1170, Las Vegas, NV 89102, and by email at email@example.com.
NOTICE REGARDING APPLE.
You acknowledge that this EULA is between you and Prime Trust only, not with Apple, and Apple is not responsible for the App or the content thereof. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App. In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, then you may notify Apple and Apple will refund the purchase price for the relevant App to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third party terms, when using the App. Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this EULA, and upon your acceptance of this EULA, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this EULA against you as a third party beneficiary of this EULA. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. If Prime Trust provides a translation of the English language version of this EULA, the translation is provided solely for convenience, and the English version will prevail.
© 2017 Prime Trust, LLC. All Rights Reserved