Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV
- We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
- Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
- Provides financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts; preparing reports.
- We reconcile hundreds of bank accounts daily! It’s super easy because we have amazing software that does most of the work. It is tedious but incredibly important!
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long-term success.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements, and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software
- Excellent work ethic, good attitude, work well with others
- Ambition to go above and beyond
- Team player, able to use initiative and possess good judgment, strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- College Degree in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Served in the military? …that’s a huge plus!!
- Competitive Salary
- Full time with benefits after probationary period
- Locals Only/No Relocation
- Full background and reference check is required
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V