Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Henderson, NV
About the Team
The compliance department provides an advisory and control service for the Accounting department in their escrow account opening function. The department further assists compliance management in effectively identifying, assessing and mitigating its compliance-related risks on a daily basis.
Report to the Chief Compliance Officer, execute the compliance program functions including ongoing review of escrow account applications ensuring that the contracts are correctly executed, the persons pertinent to the contracts are thoroughly identified and have been thoroughly vetted. Maintaining customer relationships by keeping them appraised on the status of their deals and educating them on how to use our system.
- Act as the first level reviewer in making initial investigation decisions complying with BSA/AML & OFAC regulations as well as determining the specific information needed to manage the investigation.
- Manage a queue of cases, ensuring timely follow up of requests and adherence to escalation procedures.
- Advise Management on current issues regarding escrow banking and opening of custodian accounts.
- Prepare and participate in various training sessions provided to front office and operation persons.
- Assist other members of AML Compliance with ad hoc analysis and investigation requests.
- Perform analysis and duties pursuant to obligations under the USA PATRIOT Act (Section 314(a) and 314(b) requests; Section 319).
- Conduct targeted account reviews on high risk banking clients and be able to analyze holistic views of customers in terms of products, services and underlying transactions as well as escalate potential issues.
- Assist in regulatory inquiries, internal audits and other examinations by keeping complete records.
- Interact with Compliance Management to ensure business processes remain compliant with Firm and Department policies and industry regulation.
- Know and understand the laws applicable to money laundering, to include the BSA, the USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements.
- Review and analyze AML current trends and news in order to identify high risk areas, counter-parties or keywords to incorporate into monitoring filters, rules, or profiles.
- Participate in additional projects as appropriate.
Skills & Requirements
- 1-2 years’ experience in Banking or Finance
- Any experience in AML/BSA a plus, but not required (we’ll train)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with online research systems including web-based tools
- Team player, able to use initiative and possess good judgment, strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Finance: 1 year
- Banking: 1 year
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V